Sunday, February 14, 2010

Meeting With Elder Quentin L. Cook

I just wanted to share a few thoughts that Elder Cook shared in a special meeting that he held with all the Relief Society presidents and Elders Quorum presidents yesterday. It was a very casual and special meeting where he allowed us to ask questions, then answered them. A question was asked on how we can unite our Relief Societies and Elder Cook emphasized the importance of activities. We have a wonderful activities committee who work so hard to provide us with great activities that are fun and also uplifting. I would encourage each of you to attend our activities. Not only will you come away spiritually uplifted, but you'll also have the opportunity to become familiar with the other sisters in our ward. I'm very thankful for our activities committee who work so hard and give us great activities.

I'm also thankful that we had the opportunity to meet with Elder Cook and hear his thoughts in our Sunday meeting today. I love that he emphasized the importance of religious observance in our homes. Having weekly Family Home Evening or family prayer or scripture study may not be the easiest thing to do right now while we're so busy with school and work and young families. but we will be blessed if we make the effort. I know that I feel renewed motivation to be better in my own family with our religious observance.

What are some thoughts or impressions that you had throughout the meeting with Elder Cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment